According to Bossip 23-year-old Brittney R. Downing mother of 2 is staring down a 25-year prison term because she caused the deaths of her two small children after she left them in the car for 7 hours so she could work at a local hotel in May. Downing told police that she had gone back to the car a number of times during the day and that the babies seemed fine. However the temperature got up to 73 degrees that day and both small children died after being exposed to the elements.
She had only been on the job three days when the incident occurred which may explain why she didn’t just call off of work if she couldn’t find a sitter for the day.
Downing pleaded guilty last week to 2 counts of involuntary manslaughter for the deaths of 3-month-old sister Jade Downing nearly 2- year -old Jelani Downing.
Her sentencing is scheduled for March.
Memorable On Screen Moms
1. Everyone wanted “Clair Huxtable” as their mom, the stylish, hard-working attorney who kept her large family in-tact. (AP)1 of 18
2. Who can forget A.J. Johnson in “Baby Boy” as Jody’s fun-loving, feisty mother. (PR)2 of 18
3. Juanita Moore’s classic role as a maid whose daughter rejects her to pass as white in “Imiitation of Life.” (Retna)3 of 18
4. Angela Bassett as the “uppity” mom in “Jumping The Broom” or vengeful in “Waiting to Exhale” she always aces it. (PR)4 of 18
5. Jenifer Lewis has been everyone’s mama, including Tina Turner to Melvin’s in the “Temptations” & many more. (PR)5 of 18
6. Esther Rolle, best known as “Florida Evans” was the backbone of her family on “Good Times.” (AP)6 of 18
7. Alfre Woodard has commonly played the homemaking,hardworking, kind mother and does it great every time. (PR)7 of 18
8. It was hard not to hate Lynne Whitfield in “Madea’s Family Reunion” in her role as an evil mom.8 of 18
9. Irma P. Hall’s role as “Big Mama” in “Soul Food” surely had everyone leaving the theater in tears. (PR)9 of 18
10. Loretta Devine has many heartwrenching roles as mom, including her classic role in “Waiting to Exhale.” (PR)10 of 18
11. Marla Gibbs as “Mary Jenkins” on “227″ was the gossipy mom who had her friend’s backs. (PR)11 of 18
12. Diahann Carroll as the single mother in “Claudine” is very memorable. (PR)12 of 18
13. Cicely Tyson always sheds a lot of wisdom to her deserving daughters in her roles as mom. (PR)13 of 18
14. Halle Berry earned an Oscar for her role as mom in “Monster’s Ball.” (AP)14 of 18
15. Tichina Arnold on “Everybody Hates Chris” as the loud, in-your-face mom who kept things in order for her three kids and husband. (PR)15 of 18
16. Maybe memorable for not being so good, Beyonce played “Sharon” young mother in “Obsessed.” (PR)16 of 18
17. Jo Marie Payton was the better half of “Carl Winslow” who kept the Winslow family tight. (Retna)17 of 18
18. Taraji P. Henson played opposite Tyrese Gibson as his mother in the movie “Baby Boy.” (Photo: AP)18 of 18
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!