The 2015 MTV Video Music Awards are just around the corner, and it’s hard to believe we’ve already gone through 31 installments of this thing.
P. Diddy hosted the 2005 VMAs ten years ago, and turned it into one of his infamous parties. However, since the show was held in Miami that year, a lot of the pre-shows were canceled due to Hurricane Katrina hitting Southern Florida.
The 2005 VMAs seemed like a simpler time. Rihanna hadn’t hit her bad gal stage, Kanye West wasn’t afraid to turn up in the audience, and there was not one Kardashian/Jenner in sight!
We’re taking you back an entire decade. Check out our gallery of fashion, couples, and celebs from the 2005 MTV Video Music Awards, and watch this year’s debauchery on MTV this Sunday at 9pm.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
#FlashbackFriday: 23 Photos From The 2005 MTV VMAs
23 photos Launch gallery
1. Christina Milian (pre Lil Wayne) and Nick Cannon (pre Mariah, Roc & Roe).
1 of 23
2. When Jessica Simpson and Nick Lacey were "Newlyweds."
2 of 23
3. Rihanna when she was still a good gal.
3 of 23
4. Before Trina's men got with Kardashians and before Lil Wayne signed Drake and Nicki Minaj.
4 of 23
5. Back when Hilary Duff and Joel Madden were an item.
5 of 23
6. Ciara of the past before Future.
6 of 23
7. Lil Kim was still Queen of Hip-Hop.
7 of 23
8. Before stylists and children for Alicia Keys and Fergie.
8 of 23
9. There was always Beyonce.
9 of 23
10. Pharrell still hasn't aged.
10 of 23
11. Oh, hey young, innocent Chris Brown.
11 of 23
12. When The Game was still a man of the Unit. G-Unit.
12 of 23
13. Lindsay Lohan still partied hard. And Ashlee Simpson was pre-Evan Ross and Pete Wentz.
13 of 23
14. Dwyane Wade with the baby face and his first wife.
14 of 23
15. Common before the Oscar.
15 of 23
16. When La La was just a VJ.
16 of 23
17. Remember Brooke Hogan?
17 of 23
18. The days of braids. Omarion braids.
18 of 23
19. Ice & Coco are still, well, Ice & Coco.
19 of 23
20. Before Shaunie hit it big with "Basketball Wives," she was only known as Shaq's wife.
20 of 23
21. When Shakira would go "Wherever, Whenever."
21 of 23
22. Back when Kanye smiled and got turnt at award shows.
22 of 23
23. A young and hot Jessica Alba and Joss Stone.
23 of 23