You grew up listening to R&B classics written and performed by John Whitehead but how much do you know about the late R&B singer? Here’s a few facts about the R&B legend.
- John Whitehead was part of the McFadden and Whitehead duo.
- Whitehead wrote and produced popular 70’s R&B hits.
- Whitehead and Gene McFadden formed a group and were discovered by Otis Redding.
- The duo joined Philly International Records where they wrote hit songs such as “Back Stabbers” for The O’Jays.
- McFadden and Whitehead’s most popular song was “Ain’t No Stoppin Us Now” which went to #1 on the R&B charts in 1979.
- In 2004, Whitehead was murdered in Philadelphia while repairing his car.
- The murder case remains unsolved to this day.
- Whitehead is the father of both members of the 90’s duo, the Whitehead Brothers.
For more on the late soul singer tune into TVOne’s “Celebrity Crime Files” Monday, August 12 at 9pm.
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Who is Bumpy Johnson? 8 Facts About The Legendary Harlem Druglord
R. Kelly Tells His Side In New Single ‘My Story’ [New Music]
DIRTY DOZEN: Uncle Ruckus' Most Racist Moments
Top 10 Hood Beverages
10 Funniest Rap Lyrics Ever
Pause!: 20 Of The Most Suspect Rap Lyrics In Hip-Hop
Why Is Kevin Hart's Ex-Wife Taking Shots At His New Life?
Video Vixen Reveals That She Was Born A Man [VIDEO]
Columbus Short Allegedly Breaks Into Ex-Wife's Home And Trashes It
Keyshia Cole Unveils 'Woman To Woman' Tracklist
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>