Rubin “Hurricane” Carter is known for his amazing boxing career and the drama that ensued during the height of it all. Last night, Celebrity Crime Files revealed just why the athlete wrongfully anded in prison for nearly two decades.
Here are nine facts you may not have known about the former boxer.
- Rubin “Hurricane” Carter is a professional boxer.
- Carter’s career record in boxing was 27 wins, 12 losses and one draw in 40 fights with 19 total knockouts.
- Was inducted into the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame.
- While training for his shot at world middleweight title against Dick Tiger in October 1966, Carter was arrested for the triple murder of three patrons at the Lafayette Bar & Grill in Paterson, NJ.
- Carter was wrongfully convicted twice of a triple murder and imprisoned for nearly two decades.
- Carter was exonerated in 1985.
- AFter being released from prison, he published “Lazarus and the Hurricane: The Untold Story of the Freeing of Rubin “Hurricane” Carter” in 1991.
- Carter served as executive director of the Association in Defense of the Wrongly Convicted from 1993 to 2005.
- Denzel Washington starred in “The Hurricane” which depicted the accusation, trials and time spent in prison.
Check out this clip of Rubin “Hurricane” Carter giving a speech at Queen’s University.
SEE ALSO ON NewsOne: Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter Terminally Ill, Battling Prostate Cancer
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
DIRTY DOZEN: Uncle Ruckus' Most Racist Moments
Top 10 Hood Beverages
10 Best Celebrity Voices On "The Boondocks"
Pause!: 20 Of The Most Suspect Rap Lyrics In Hip-Hop
BREAKING: Rapper Ms. Melodie Of Boogie Down Productions Dead
Where Are They Now? The Cast Of 1994's "Fresh"
10 Video Vixens Then & Now [PHOTOS]
Musiq Soulchild Finally Reveals What Happened To His Eye
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>