After Monday’s political fallout from Melania Trump’s borrowed RNC speech, Donald Trump Jr. is facing similar allegations. The end to “liftgate” looms further in the distance.
The oldest son of the GOP’s presidential nominee addressed the Republican National Convention on Tuesday evening, using portions of a column published in May in The American Conservative, The Huffington Post reports.
But, there’s a twist. Apparently Trump got permission from the speechwriter, F.H. Buckley, who confirmed the news in an interview with Business Insider:
Buckley also said he was hired as a speechwriter for Trump Jr.’s Tuesday evening address.
In his speech, Trump said his father would be, “a president who has actually created real jobs, who has actually signed the front of a paycheck and doesn’t just talk about it in theory.”
Grenell wrote in his column, “Unlike President Obama, Mitt Romney has actually signed the front of a paycheck and knows how jobs are created.”
While the line is by no means similar to Melania Trump’s duplication of Michelle Obama’s 2008 speech, it raises a larger question about the Trump campaign’s carelessness, and utter lack of authenticity.
14 Surprising Celebrity Trump Endorsements
1. Mike TysonSource:Getty 1 of 15
2. Tila TequilaSource:Getty 2 of 15
3. Dennis RodmanSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. Stephen BaldwinSource:Getty 4 of 15
5. Terrell OwensSource:Getty 5 of 15
6. Azealia BanksSource:Getty 6 of 15
7. Hulk HoganSource:Getty 7 of 15
8. Kid RockSource:Getty 8 of 15
9. Stacey DashSource:Getty 9 of 15
10. Gary BuseySource:Getty 10 of 15
11. Kirstie AlleySource:Getty 11 of 15
12. Aaron CarterSource:Getty 12 of 15
13. Teresa GiudiceSource:Getty 13 of 15
14. Charlie SheenSource:Getty 14 of 15
15. Ted NugentSource:Getty 15 of 15
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>