Who is Stephen Curry’s wife? Stephen Curry is married to Ayesha Alexander, a former model and actress. The Golden State Warriors guard met his beautiful wife when the two were teenagers in Charlotte, N.C. Both of their families attended the Central Church of God and used to joke about how cute the two looked together, even though they were initially too shy to make a love connection.
Now, Curry is known for having one of the classiest, most beautiful WAGs in the NBA, and by all accounts, their wedding was straight out of a storybook. Heck, instead of registering for gifts, these do-gooders asked that guests donate to ThanksUSA.org, an organization that awards scholarships to children and spouses of soldiers, according to PlayerWives.com.
Stephen Curry married Ayesha Alexander on July 30, 2011. Although they wed in Charlotte, where some 420 friends and family members were on hand for the celebration, the couple owes its marriage to another city: Los Angeles. It was there that Curry, attending basketball camp while still a student at Davidson College, reconnected with Ayesha on Facebook. She was on the West Coast to pursue her acting career—she’s appeared on the series Whittaker Bay, as well as Hannah Montana—and before long, they began dating.
Stephen Curry proposed to Ayesha Alexander in 2009, after he’d led the Davidson Wildcats to an “Elite 8” appearance in the NCAA Tournament and opted to go pro. He popped the question in his parents’ driveway, the scene of the couple’s first kiss. After the wedding, Curry and Alexander honeymooned in Bora Bora, and upon returning, Alexander set about earning a business degree online.
Curry, meanwhile, has kept on with the Golden State Warriors, and on Feb. 27, 2013, he scored a career-high 54 points in a losing game against the New York Knicks. He set a record for most three-pointers (11) against a Knicks opponent, which no doubt took the sting out of the loss. And of course, he had Ayesha to go home to.
10 Reasons Ayesha Curry Is Steph Curry's Real MVP
1. Meet Ayesha CurrySource:Instagram 1 of 11
2. She cooks...Source:Instagram 2 of 11
3. ... and isn't afraid to try new recipes.Source:Instagram 3 of 11
4. She's a business woman.Source:Instagram 4 of 11
5. She's a mom...Source:Instagram 5 of 11
6. ... with another on the way.Source:Instagram 6 of 11
7. She shoots with her husband in the gym.Source:Instagram 7 of 11
8. She reads.Source:Instagram 8 of 11
9. She cares about her health.Source:Instagram 9 of 11
10. Her selfie game is poppin'.Source:Instagram 10 of 11
11. She's adventurous.Source:Instagram 11 of 11
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
MORE LINKS ON THE URBAN DAILY