According to TMZ, actress Julianne Hough decided it would be cool to go to a costume party in blackface. We don’t know if this was Julianne’s idea of being “Footloose” and fancy free or not but whomever told this girl that blackface was a good idea for any reason danced her into a corner with that advice.
The former “Dancing With The Stars” star decided it was a cute idea to go to the Casamigos Tequila party in Hollywood dressed up as Crazy Eyes from the popular new show “Orange is the New Black.”
However, we’re not sure the 25-year-old understands that some people could take offense to her choice of costume. How anyone could NOT understand this in 2013 is beyond us but nevertheless we’re certain there will be an apology issued that will tell us all that she didn’t know any better.
To everyone who might be saying to themselves that it’s no big deal, let’s get some perspective on it. what if Ted Cruz, George Zimmerman or Paula Deen showed up somewhere in blackface? How would we as a community be feeling then? Is it wrong no matter what or just for some? Take our poll and have your say!
We guess we’ll start the countdown toward her racial insensitivity apology…..now!
Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia Opens
1. 1. David Pilgrim, the founder and curator(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)1 of 5
2. 2. A display of colored items is seen at the Jim Crow Museu(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)2 of 5
3. 3. Visitors look over the Jim Crow Museum of Memorabili (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)3 of 5
4. 4. David Pilgrim, the founder and curator (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)4 of 5
5. 5. The library at Ferris State University houses the museum(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)5 of 5
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM